Open Grant Funding Opportunities
Accelerating Kelp Research and Restoration in California
OPC, California Sea Grant, and California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) are soliciting proposals for projects that will accelerate and scale up kelp research and restoration in California to address remaining research needs, support action while a statewide Kelp Restoration and Management Plan is being developed by CDFW, and promote a “learn by doing” approach to kelp conservation.
- Informational Webinar (Optional): Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
- Letter of Intent due to California Sea Grant: Tuesday, August 15, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
- Full proposals due to California Sea Grant: Tuesday, October 3, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
Visit the California Sea Grant website for award and submission details, contact information, and more.
Offshore Wind Environmental Monitoring Guidance
OPC is seeking applications to develop comprehensive environmental monitoring guidance for offshore wind development in California. The primary goal of this guidance document is to provide a clear and practical resource for regulators, developers, and other stakeholders involved in offshore wind projects in California to ensure that environmental impacts of offshore wind development are properly monitored, evaluated, and mitigated throughout the project lifecycle.
- Informational Webinar: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Office Hour: Wednesday, May 31, 2023, 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Full Proposal due: Monday, July 31, 2023, 5:00 p.m. (Note: the proposal deadline has been extended from July 3 to July 31)
View the offshore wind solicitation fact sheet (Updated June 22, 2023) for commonly asked questions. The answers in the fact sheet are considered final and correct. Applicants are encouraged to use it as a reference before reaching out with additional inquiries.
Senate Bill 1 Technical Assistance Program
OPC is seeking applicants to develop an SB 1 Technical Assistance Program to provide application support to local, regional, and tribal governments that represent Environmental Justice communities applying for Sea-level Rise Adaptation Planning funding.
- Informational Webinar: Wednesday, June 14, 2023 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m (Rescheduled from June 7)
- Office Hour: Tuesday, June 20, 2023 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Registration closed
- Full proposals are due Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Check the SB 1 Funding Webpage for additional materials and resources.
To be updated whenever OPC announces new grant opportunities, please subscribe to OPC’s email announcements.