Prop 68 Funding
Funds from Prop 68 will be used to support the priorities of all of the OPC’s program areas for the next several years. OPC adopted the Prop 68 Grant Guidelines at their May 23, 2019 meeting. For information on the Grant Guidelines adoption, including the staff recommendation and comments received on the draft grant guidelines, please see item 5 on the OPC meeting page.
The Grant Guidelines provide an overview of the purpose of Prop 68 funds, which projects and applicants will be eligible to receive funds, OPC’s competitive and discretionary grant programs, proposed scoring criteria to assess projects, and requirements for future grantees.
OPC staff provided the Draft Grant Guidelines for public comment in January and February 2019. During the public comment period, OPC staff held workshops in Oakland, San Diego, Eureka, Salinas, and Santa Monica – in addition to an online webinar – to present the Draft Grant Guidelines to the public and receive comments. The presentation slides from the workshops and webinar are available here.
Questions about the Prop 68 Grant Guidelines and OPC’s Prop 68 funding may be submitted to COPCpublic@resources.ca.gov.
The Grant Guidelines and Prop 68 solicitations refer to several web resources that applicants should use as they prepare their project proposals. These web resources are provided below.
- General Conditions and Budget Guidelines for Grantees
- Prop 68 Budget Template
- Prop 68 California Conservation Corps Consultation Forms and Process
- Prop 68 Signage Guidelines
- Prop 68 Permit Approval Form
- Prop 68 CEQA and Environmental Compliance Form
- NEW: Prop 68 Grant Proposal Solicitation and Application Instructions
- NEW: Prop 68 Letter of Intent Template
- NEW: Non Profit Organization Pre-Application Questionnaire and Eligibility Self Screening