Social Media Channels
Social Media Guidelines
The Ocean Protection Council (OPC) provides this educational forum to you as a public service and appreciates your feedback. Likes, follows, and reposts are for the purpose of sharing information and resources only and should not be considered an endorsement of a business, organization, person, or stance.
Responsibility for external content and/or comments rests with the individuals or organizations providing them. Any inclusion of external content or comments is not an endorsement by OPC; opinions and beliefs expressed are those of the users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the OPC. Comments posted on this site are not considered formal public comments and are not guaranteed to be accurate, current, or complete, and are solely the views, opinions, and responsibility of the individual/entity submitting them.
Links or advertisements may have been placed on this site by the social media provider and not OPC. Their placement does not constitute an endorsement of the content, viewpoint, policies, products, or services.
OPC reserves the right to review or delete, at our sole discretion and without notice, any comments or posts on any of the OPC social media websites. Removal of posts and comments may be due to, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Profane, obscene, threatening, or abusive language or content
- Content that promotes fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- Pornography or links to sexual content
- Link baiting (embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to your own site)
- Personal or sensitive information (i.e. phone numbers, email, or postal addresses)
- Solicitations to commerce or other monetary solicitation
- Off-subject or out-of-context content
- Inaccurate or misleading information
- Violations of any intellectual property rights
- Promotion or endorsement of political campaigns or candidates
Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned/blocked.
For a timely and authorized response, please send all media questions directly to COPCpublic@resources.ca.gov and refrain from submitting media questions on OPC’s social media accounts.
Public Record Requests
For a timely and authorized response, please refrain from submitting public record requests on OPC’s social media accounts. Requests can be made by emailing COPCpublic@resources.ca.gov.