DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call – May 4, 2022
DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call
May 4, 2022 at 1pm
Call-in option: 669-900-6833 | Meeting ID: 831 5349 8041 | Passcode: 601219
Goal of the Executive Committee (EC) Conference Call: To provide updates on topics directly impacting the Dungeness crab fishery, and discuss and prioritize topics for consideration by the full DCTF membership.
- Welcome, introductions, agenda overview.
- Public comment on non-agenda items.
- Updates on issues involving the Dungeness crab fishery, including, but not limited to, the status of DCTF recommendations from previous meetings, sort box, bi-weekly report compliance, 2022 DCTF Election status, the Risk Assessment and Mitigation Program etc.
- Discuss capacity goals of the commercial Dungeness Crab fishery for the next 5 years and brainstorm options to help the industry reach those goals.
- Begin learning about and providing feedback to support the California Department of Public Health’s mandate (Health and Safety Code Article 15 Eviscerated Crab) to develop tools that would allow implementation of evisceration options in future commercial Dungeness crab fishing seasons.
- Confirm priority topics for future EC discussions and potentially, the fall 2022 DCTF meeting, including, but not limited to, predictable commercial Dungeness crab fishery opening dates, alternative gear set-up (e.g., stringing traps, pop-up, hoop nets), line-marking, the lost fishing gear recovery program, law enforcement funding from the Dungeness crab account proportional to the season length, and conflicts with halibut trawling.
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the DCTF Administrative Team (Admin Team).
* *Public Participation and Comment: All members of the public, including non-EC DCTF members, will be automatically placed on mute upon entering the call. Phone lines will be opened during public comment periods. When the Admin Team opens the call to public comment, you may press *6 to unmute yourself if you wish to provide comments.
Meeting materials will be posted to the DCTF website as they are available. A meeting summary will be made available via the DCTF website.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this DCTF meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (email@example.com or 805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to the meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at https://opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/