Ocean Protection Council Meeting — August 7, 2017
OPC Meeting Agenda
Monday, August 7, 2017
Natural Resource Building Auditorium
1416 Ninth St., Sacramento, CA 95814
John Laird, Secretary for Natural Resources, Council Chair
Matt Rodriquez, Secretary for Environmental Protection
Gavin Newsom, Lieutenant Governor, Chair of the State Lands Commission
Robert Hertzberg, State Senator
Bill Quirk, State Assemblymember
Michael Brown, Public Member
1. Welcome and Council Member Announcements
Secretary Laird, Council Chair
2. Report from the Executive Director
Deborah Halberstadt, Executive Director
3. Report from the Science Advisor
Karina Nielsen, Ocean Protection Council Science Advisory Team
5. Informational Item: Presentation on how MPAs affect invasion success of a non-native algae in Southern California
Dr. Jenn Caselle, University of California, Santa Barbara
6. Informational Item: Fisheries program update & overview of the process to update the Marine Life Management Act (MLMA) Master Plan
Paige Berube, Program Manager
Kathleen Perry, California Department of Fish and Wildlife
7. Informational Item: International Ocean Acidification Alliance
Jenn Phillips, Program Manager
8. Public Comment on non-agenda items
9. Arrangements for Next Meeting and Adjournment
November 1, 2017, 1 – 4 pm, Natural Resources Building auditorium, Sacramento
Agenda items may be re-ordered at the discretion of the council chair.
Please fill out a Request to Speak card to provide public comment on non-agenda items or on a specific agenda item. Comment on agenda items will be taken following each item.
Comments may be sent by email to: COPCpublic@resources.ca.gov. Written public comment must be received by 5 pm on August 4, 2017 to be included in the materials provided to the council at the meeting. Materials received after that date will be distributed to the council at the beginning of the meeting. Oral and written comments will be accepted at the meeting.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to Jenn Eckerle at (916) 654-9055 or email@example.com.
Any person who has a disability and requires accommodation to participate in this council meeting should contact Ms. Eckerle no later than five days prior to the meeting.