Registration for the California Ocean Litter Strategy Webinar – Tuesday, June 13, 2023
Join us and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Marine Debris Program for a bi-annual California Ocean Litter Strategy webinar.
The webinar will include updates and developments from federal and California agencies on research and policy related to plastic and marine debris. View the agenda.
This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
Tuesday, June 13, 2023 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. PT
Updated: The recording for the June 13, 2023 California Ocean Litter Strategy webinar is now available:
The webinar included presentations by:
- NOAA Marine Debris Program and OPC on recent efforts related to embedding diversity, equity, and inclusion in marine debris projects;
- USEPA Region 9 on the Draft National Strategy to Prevent Plastic Pollution;
- The Department of Resources Recycling & Recovery (CalRecycle) on the Plastic Pollution Prevention and Packaging Producer Responsibility Act (SB 54) Implementation;
- The Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) on the Interstate Technology Regulation Council (ITRC) Microplastics Tools & Resources and the Safer Consumer Products Program; and
- Surfrider Foundation and California Product Stewardship Council on recent policy announcements.
The California Ocean Litter Strategy was developed from stakeholder input and engagement between May 2017 and February 2018. The Strategy includes both OPC priorities to address ocean litter and stakeholder-identified goals, objectives, and action items to address ocean litter.
Interested stakeholders are encouraged to complete the California Ocean Litter Strategy Progress Report Form by Wednesday, June 7 to share actions and updates related to implementing the California Ocean Litter Strategy.
The Progress Report will be shared by NOAA and OPC during the June 13 webinar.