DCTF Executive Committee Meeting – August 29, 2018
DCTF Executive Committee Conference Call
Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at 12:30pm
Call-in #: (218) 339-7804
Participant Code for Public and Non-Executive Committee DCTF Members: 792 7150
Goal of the Executive Committee (EC) Conference Call: To provide updates on topics directly impacting the Dungeness crab fishery, begin brainstorming on high priority topics as outlined in the DCTF’s 2018-19 work plan, and identify priority topics for the next DCTF meeting.
- Welcome, introductions, agenda overview.
- Public comment on non-agendized items.
- Updates on issues involving the Dungeness crab fishery, including, but not limited to, the July 2018 Tri-state meeting, current Title 14 surface gear rulemaking, active legislation, the DCTF’s 2018-19 meeting schedule, etc.
- Review meeting agenda topics requested by DCTF Members and the public and begin to brainstorm on ideas and potentially identify draft proposals to address high priority topics listed in the DCTF’s 2018-19 work plan including, but not limited to, the 96-hour rule, Central Management area presoak, etc.
- Continue to review and discuss the status of whale entanglements in the California Dungeness crab fishery, efforts by the California Dungeness Crab Fishing Gear Working Group, and updates on litigation and legislation related to this issue.
Agenda items may be taken out of order at the discretion of the DCTF Administrative Team (Admin Team).
* *Public Participation and Comment: All members of the public, including non-EC DCTF members, will be automatically placed on mute upon entering the call. Phone lines will be opened during public comment periods. When the Admin Team opens the call to public comment, you may press *6 to unmute yourself if you wish to provide comments.
Meeting materials will be posted to the DCTF website as they are available. A meeting summary will be made available via the DCTF website.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-845-9852. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this DCTF meeting should contact Rachelle Fisher (email@example.com or 805-845-9852) no later than five days prior to meeting.
For more information about the DCTF please visit the DCTF website at https://opc.ca.gov/2009/04/dungeness-crab-task-force/